3469 signatures recieved!
Dr. Maya Valecha, Jan Aandolan has started this campaign to Prime Minister of India, Chief Justice of India, Parliamentary Standing Committee on Health & Family Welfare and Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW).
3469 have signed. Let’s get to 15,000.
At 10,000 signatures, this petition is more likely to get picked up by local news!
By signing the petition, you agree to receive occasional emails about campaigns on Free Earth Alliance. You can unsubscribe at any time.
10th May 2022
The Prime Minister of India,
A Public Health (Prevention, Control & Management of Epidemics, Bio-Terrorism & Disasters) Bill, 2017/ 2022 [hereinafter referred to as “Public Health Bill” or simply “Bill”] is going to be taken up by the Government of India, during the upcoming monsoon session of Parliament (July – August 2022).
There is a need to bring a legislation as per the priority of our country by which Health of people is improved in a positive sense by incorporating obligation of state to enable people to get good nutrition, housing, jobs, freedom from pollution in a decentralized manner and taking advantage of all medical knowledge systems, as was partly visualized in a bill that was drafted in 2009 but never made an Act out of it.
This Bill by focusing solely on viruses, bacteria, other pathogens and bioterrorism, in the process of claiming my and other’s health protection to be a “Legitimate Aim of the State”, is attempting to take control of my life and my individual autonomy. In the name of public health, this Bill seems just to control and enslave people, by infringing on the inalienable rights of bodily autonomy and the rights as a human being.
It is obvious that the draft Public Health Bill 2017 and additions to it in 2022, are made to fulfil the legal obligations under International Health Regulation (IHR- 2005) and the upcoming WHO Pandemic Treaty. Role of WHO was exposed during the exaggeration of the Swine Flu Pandemic because of Pharma lobby pressure and all governments in collusion. During the two and half years of Corona era also as is described in our attached signature petition, the government adopted all unscientific, tyrannical measures ignoring even the Public Health Experts of our country, for a Seasonal Flu like disease.
In the new Bill, more stringent measures like public servants empowered to enter our houses, conduct tests and give injections, without leaving recourse to judicial remedy and provisions to override our fundamental rights are incorporated. This is nothing but declaring an authoritarian rule in the name of protecting People’s health.
The Public Health Bill gives unprecedented and wide-ranging powers to the Central government and health departments that have caused significant concern amongst people; senior lawyers; people’s rights groups; civil society; and health, wellness and medical professionals.
Pre-legislative public consultation and debates on the Public Health Bill (on the lines of precedence set by Jayaram Ramesh, then Environment Minister in 2009-10 on the matter of BT Brinjal where discourses were held at multiple locations in the country) is required.
An APPEAL is made to the Prime Minister of India, Chief Justice of India, Parliamentary Standing Committee on Health & Family Welfare and Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW) to ensure the following points are addressed, before presenting the Public Health Bill in the Parliament:
- Draft Public Health Bill, to be presented in the Monsoon Session of Parliament as per the media reports, should be available to Public well in advance for comments and this being a very important issue affecting every citizen’s life, especially after the experience of Corona episode, a Referendum has to be taken to know the will of WE The People of India.
- Draft should be rewritten to keep priorities of our country in focus and take the holistic definition of Health as the basis.
- Any treaty with WHO should never be signed because health has regional factors to affect and the role of WHO is well exposed during Swine Flu. Sovereignty of our country cannot be compromised at any cost.
- Lessons of Corona time, as elaborated in the section III, IV, V, VI, VII & VIII of the attached signature petition, have to be taken into account and corrections given for the draft Public Health Bill, 2017 have to be properly rewritten. And therefore –
- a) Management of pandemic or epidemic should be in a decentralized manner with advice from local experts not only in the government committees but after having public debates with other domain experts and concerned citizens.
- b) Role of other medical knowledge systems has to be given equal weightage.
- c) Media should be strictly instructed not to spread panic and action should be taken if they do it. Because it has proved counterproductive.
- d) Human Rights Violations cannot be tolerated at any cost.
- e) Lockdowns and other restrictive measures like vaccine mandates for normal life activities that have affected people’s lives beyond repair should not be imposed at any time.
On May 10, 2022, this petition was authored and signed by:
|Dr. Maya Valecha|
MBBS, MD (Gynecology), a socio – political activist, Vadodara, Gujarat
|Dr. Amitav Banerjee|
Prof. & Head, Community Medicine, Dr DY Patil Med College, Pune, Maharashtra
|Dr. Arvind Kushwaha|
AIIMS Dept of Community Medicine, Nagpur, Maharashtra
Medical & Public Health Scientists, Health Care Practitioners, Advocates, Activists & Concerned Citizens
|Jagannath Chatterjee |
|Dr. Firuzi Mehta |
|Dr. Geraldine Sanjay |
MBBS, DFM, MD
|Dr. Khadar Vali, PhD |
Millets Expert & Healer Mysuru, Karnataka
|Dr. Gayatri Panditrao |
|Ashutosh Pathak |
Senior Journalist, Qvive
|Dr. Veena Raghava |
MBBS, DA, Clinical Nutrition (NIN) Bengaluru, Karnataka
|Dr. Praveen Saxena |
MBBS, DMRD, FCMT
|Malavi Chaudhari |
Health & Rights Activist
Free Earth Alliance (FEA) Ahmedabad, Gujarat
|Dr. Vijay Raghava |
MBBS (Family Physician) Bengaluru, Karnataka
|Dr. Shaji Varghese Kudiyat |
Homeopathic Physician Kerala
|Loretta Rodriguez |
Health & Rights Activist
Free Earth Alliance (FEA) Goa
|Prof. Bhaskaran Raman |
Professor, Department of CSE, IIT
|Dr. Anitha Kulkarni |
MBBS, DNB Pune, Maharashtra
|Sudha Sundeswaran |
|Dr. Gautam Das |
MBBS, Family Physician
Kolkata, West Bengal
|Dr. Madhuri Patil |
|Vineet Tiwari |
National Secretary Progressive Writers’ Association
Indore, Madhya Pradesh
|Dr. Kuldeep Kumar |
MBBS, MS Haridwar,
|Adv. Sahil Goyal Er.|
Bharat Jago Abhiyan, &
Janta Sarkar Morcha,
|Dr. Mufassil Dingankar |
|Dr. Lalit Kumar Anande |
MBBS, Diploma in Clinical Research
|Dr. Rashmi Raut |
MBBS, Fellow in Family Medicine Kolhapur,
|Kiran Martis |
Activist & Healer Mumbai, Maharashtra
|Colonel (Retd.) Mathew Thomas|
Health & Rights Activist
|Vikash Diwan |
Health & Rights Activist Free Earth Alliance (FEA) Gaya, Bihar
Teacher, Delhi NCR
|Ashutosh Jani |
Nisargyan Niramaya Ahmedabad, Gujarat
|Mayank Pincha |
Health & Rights Activist
Free Earth Alliance (FEA)
|Sudipto Bhakta |
Activist & Healer
|Adv. Bharat Rao|
Read the full signature petition here or download the PDF.
More people that have signed this petition, so far –
|Signed By :||Comments :||Sign date :|
|21st June 2023 at 11:38 am|
I strongly oppose this public health . . .
|9th June 2023 at 5:29 pm|
|28th May 2023 at 8:18 pm|
Request to withdraw A Public Health . . .
|27th May 2023 at 9:22 pm|
|27th May 2023 at 6:22 pm|
|26th May 2023 at 3:38 pm|
We need freedom of choice. This . . .
|26th May 2023 at 11:51 am|
|26th May 2023 at 12:53 am|
|25th May 2023 at 9:47 pm|
Nature is the best caretaker.
|25th May 2023 at 9:31 pm|
- A Public Health (Prevention, Control & Management of Epidemics, Bio-Terrorism & Disasters) Bill, 2017/ 2022
- 2.15.33 Permanent Pandemic Laws in India?
- Adv. Sahil Goyal on New Public Health Bill